cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RDP and or PPTP VPN Passthrough on 1801 Router

ETechnologyAU
Level 1
Level 1

I have taken on support for a client using a CISCO 1801 Router. I can access the router using the SDM. I have attempted to allow an RDP port through to a server without success. I really need step by step assistance. I have attempted to add the service to the ACL. However, whatever I do to the ACL kills internet access.

I would like for instance.. external port 50009 forwarded to an internal port of 3389 for a windows machine. Everything I have tried fails and disables internet access.

I would also like to enable PPTP VPN passthrough to a Windows server. I have done this 100 times on a non-CISCO router. However as with the RDP port, I cannot get this to work.

Please Help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi ,

If i understand your requirement correctly , you want access your internal server over internet ?? /PPTP to your internal server over public IP ??

Below URL should solve your issue .

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/long-reach-ethernet-lre-digital-subscriber-line-xdsl/asymmetric-digital-subscriber-line-adsl/12905-827spat.html

HTH

Sandy.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi ,

If i understand your requirement correctly , you want access your internal server over internet ?? /PPTP to your internal server over public IP ??

Below URL should solve your issue .

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/long-reach-ethernet-lre-digital-subscriber-line-xdsl/asymmetric-digital-subscriber-line-adsl/12905-827spat.html

HTH

Sandy.

Thankds Sandy. If I can find a spare 30 minutes I will read through that email. At this point it is only one customer that has a CISCO router. I don't have the time to invest learning another product at this point. So it may be cheaper to simply replace the router with a non CISCO product. If I find the time to read through that link, if I manage to get this very simply function happening I will update the post. I simply don't think I am going to have the time to learn what is required for the sake of one customers router.

Thanks Sandy,

That post was very helpful. I have nat performing as required. However for PPTP passthrough to the windows server. How do I forward GRE traffic? I have configured TCP 1723, now I need to enable the GRE traffic. I cannot work out the command for this.

Hi , 

Can you brief your requirement , Do you want run any GRE tunnel between two different router ??

If you sample network layout , let me know 

Thanks

Sandy

HI Sandy,

i would like to esteblish a PPTP VPN from any remote device such as my ipad or laptop. So i just need to forward TCP port 1723 which i have done and GRE traffic for it to work.

Can anyone assist. I need to allow GRE traffic through from any source to a specific LAN device. Lan device being a Small Business Server 2011.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card