Views
Helpful
Replies

Re: Bridge Group command one option is not showing up in 6513

ambivert skill
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I need to bridge two VLANs on firewall that why I need to create the bridge group on my 6513 but one option is missing from the option in the command

it's like this

6513(config)#bridge 1 protocol ?

dec          DEC protocol

ibm          IBM protocol

vlan-bridge  vlan-bridge protocol

but the option  "ieee         IEEE 802.1 protocol" is not showing up in the option which I have studied to use with so can you guide me the option

vlan-bridge  vlan-bridge protocol will work instead of the ieee to create a bridge-group which I assign to the inside & outside interface of the firewall command.

Thank you

Ambivert Skill

4 Replies 4

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I didnt do much research on this. But below is the quick link I can suggest as of now:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk331/tk660/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094471.shtml#ex1

Let me know if this is kind of any help to you.

Regards

Inayath

Thanks InayathUlla for this document in this doc it's mentioned as "Since the IEEE and DEC Spanning Trees       are not compatible, mixing these protocols in the network give unpredictable       results."

Which is my concern that what option should I select in my case because IEEE 802.1 protocol isn't showing there.

6513(config)#bridge 1 protocol ?

dec          DEC protocol

ibm          IBM protocol

vlan-bridge  vlan-bridge protocol

Regards

Ambivert

Hi,

Why can't you put everything on one vlan?

can you explain your design and what you are trying to do?

I don't think the 6500 support IRB.

HTH

Thanks Reza for your reply actually I want to bridge the inside and outside interface of Firewall ie FWSM in transparent mode that's why I need to know for the bridging options "ieee" which is not showing up in the command and please see the scenario in which I want to deploy FWSM and I think that 6513 support IRB , as the IRB comes under the options for bridge but in my scenario I think that I don't need IRB , just I want to bridge VLAN 170 & VLAN 120 in the same bridge group for e.g bridge-group 10.

6500(config)#bridge ?

<1-255>            Bridge Group number for Bridging.

cmf                Constrained multicast flooding

crb                Concurrent routing and bridging

irb                Integrated routing and bridging

mac-address-table  MAC-address table configuration commands

Regards

Ambivert Skill

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card