Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I am trying to configure a 887VA-M utilizing the autoinstall feature, however the 887VA-M doesnt appear to be making any attempt to get a DHCP address when it boots. There is no startup configuration present.Does the 887VA-M support autoinstall fr...

chris by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there, As part of a new project,  I have a requirement to upgrade some line cards in our 4510R-E chassis to ease some oversubscription due to the 6Gbps limit.At the moment my plan is to upgrade three cards from WS-X4548-GB-RJ45 to X4648 to get the...

def101010 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! CIDR

I'm new here, please be gentleI'm confused..and i need some help pleaseCIDR - Classless inter-domain routing Routing between network segments does not rely on the standard subnet mask...(/8, 16, 24)RIP version 2 support routing on a 192.168.0.0/28 li...

I have 2  2911 routers that will be connected via fiber with an ethernet Gig handoff to each router. Each router will then be connected to local networks on a second ethernet interface on the router. I have always connected routers via serial connect...

Hello,I have a CISCO 861 router, and here's the scenario I want to achieve (regarding ISP and NAT)FastEthernet 4  Assign IP 89.45.204.117 255.255.255.248 ( ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x )  Assign IP 89.45.202.117 255.255.255.240 ( ip address x.x.x.x x.x...

Hello,Could you help me, according to cisco manual in order to change SDM template i need to reboot switch, but when i have C3750-X stack do i need to reboot stack or maybe will be enough reboot in sequence the stack members?Thanks in advance

Hi Everyone,I read  to use standard ACL to permit only  IP address of your SNMP agent machines.Does this mean that switches running SNMP ?Say here  Switch has IP 192.168.10.3  Management IP When i check ACL on switch it does not sh...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys, I would need help to correct my code. I am trying to setup the lab on Vlan topics. I have connectivity with all my vlans and I can ping from all my vlan, the FastEthernet 0/1 which is connected to internet. But I dont have internet connectio...

Resolved! About Routers

Hi I have some questions,When we talk about Routers interfaces, does "WAN" interface and "Internet Port" means the same or both can be different?---Posted by WebUser Fahad Ahmed from Cisco Support Community App

When I put "clear ip ospf process" after changing router-id on GNS3 , I got the bug that there was the output of "show ip ospf neighbor" but there was no ospf route . like following outputafter that , again I did put " clear ip ospf process "  withou...

Hello,We backup the running config on the 6509 does it also backup the vlan.dat as well?I tried command dir/all and just dir but did not see the vlan.dat listedthanks in advanceMark

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card