Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended NX-OS for Nexus 5500?

mullzkBern_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everbody

Is there an official Cisco-Page with the always-up-to-date recommended NX-OS-Releases for the Nexus 5000, just as there is www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/recommended_releases/recommended_nx-os_releases.html for Nexus 7000?

If there is no such page: What Release can be recommended?

We got new N596 & N2232 this week, and are using L2-LAN only, no L3, no FCoE- or FC-Ports. The command 'vPC orphan-ports suspend' is the newest feature used, so 5.0(3)N2(1) would be the oldest possible release...

Before I install 5.1(3)N1(1a) and then have to do a distruptive downgrade to 5.0(3)N2(2b), I'd like to be assured that the new one is already recommended as mature enough...

Thanks in advance and greetings from Berne, Switzerland

Stefan Mueller

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oleksandr Nesterov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Stefan

There is no such page for n5k for now.

Usually you need to select nx-os release which best fits to your needs. For exmaple you can select newest release on currently used by your devices train to be shure about consistency, and use newest release in latest train to get the latest features.

The best would be to use release notes for selecting nx-os version.

But I can say that nx-os 5.0(3)N2(2b) and 5.1(3)N1(1a) are most stable and most used releases at the moment

HTH,

Alex

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Oleksandr Nesterov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Stefan

There is no such page for n5k for now.

Usually you need to select nx-os release which best fits to your needs. For exmaple you can select newest release on currently used by your devices train to be shure about consistency, and use newest release in latest train to get the latest features.

The best would be to use release notes for selecting nx-os version.

But I can say that nx-os 5.0(3)N2(2b) and 5.1(3)N1(1a) are most stable and most used releases at the moment

HTH,

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: