Views
Helpful
Replies

Refresh our Campus HDW based on 6509 and 3750 to get red of STP to 9K

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Freinds

we need to refresh our Campus HDW based on 6509 and 3750 to get red of STP to 9K based VxLAN , Kindly recommend n9k for Core and 9K for Access where users | AP | IP Phone Sits , pls note that from access to core the link are Fiber MM

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Hello!

Since you are moving from C6509, and its a campus core, I would recommend the use of C9500 or C9600 (if you need a chassi with multiple blades - based on your ports?)

For access I would recommend C9300 switches, it all depends on the number of ports and vxlan capabilities you need. Please write more info to get more details. 

BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

Hello Daniel

Thanks for reply

1. what do y mean by "vxlan capabilities" ?

2. we need VxLAN for Campus ( where the users | AP | IP Phone Sits) to get rid of Old STP Based Topology to VxLAN based

3. Can y pls mentioned the Part Number for Core C9600 , Line Cards must 40 GB down-link to access C9300

4. Can y pls mentioned the Part Number for C9300 , the uplink towards Core C9600 must be 40 GB FIber link 

thanks

Hello Ibrahim,

1. It depends on the number of services you want to run but, the C9200 device family has limited vxlan capabilites.

3. Depends on number of ports you need - so how many access switches you will connec to it? or other devices. Assuming you need only 28 uplinks you can use the 9500X - C9500X-28C8D, which has 28 uplinks that are QSFP28 + 8x 40/100/200/400G that can be used for VSL.

4. For C9300 I would go with C9300-48P (or T if you don't need Poe) with the module C9300-NM-2Q which has 2x40G uplinks.

It all depends on your other needs.

BR

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Daniel

are those Platform IOS-XE Based ??

thanks

Hello Ibrahim,

Yes everything is IOS-XE. Nexuses with NX-OS or ACI are more sutable for DC. 

BR

omid.delawar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ibrahim , for your campus refresh to N9K-based VXLAN, . Keep in mind that some 9300 models are deeper, so check your network closet space—if it’s limited, consider the Catalyst 9400/9200 series instead. Also, since your new APs support multigigabit speeds, you might want to look at multigig switches for access. Review Cisco’s portfolio and choose what fits best make sure Contact cisco Partner sales engineer to analyze your need and give best advise.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- (Also) have a look at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/switch-selector.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Any suggestions even if simple wrong cost Thousands of dollars' 

Contact cisco sales engineer 

This is better' there are excellent engineers can guide you to correct platform 

MHM

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card