cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Regarding Cisco Switches

rohit.c.joshi1
Level 1
Level 1
I have few queries regarding Cisco switches Cisco 2960X-24TS-L and 2960X-48TS-L switches 
1) )     Whether Cisco WS-2960X-24TS-L and  WS-2960X-48TS-L is POE or Non POE Switches ??

2) If  the above mentioned are Non POE Switches,then are we able to convert these Cisco WS-2960X-24TS-L and  WS-2960X-48TS-L Non POE Switches to POE Switches.

3) Also let us know the cost associated while replacing existing Cisco 2960X-24TS-L and 2960X-48TS-L Non POE to POE switches
7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1) )     Whether Cisco WS-2960X-24TS-L and  WS-2960X-48TS-L is POE or Non POE Switches ??

"TS" means NON-PoE.

2) If  the above mentioned are Non POE Switches,then are we able to convert these Cisco WS-2960X-24TS-L and  WS-2960X-48TS-L Non POE Switches to POE Switches.

No.  They are non-PoE and cannot be "upgraded" to PoE.  It's hardware specific.

3) Also let us know the cost associated while replacing existing Cisco 2960X-24TS-L and 2960X-48TS-L Non POE to POE switches

Ask your authorized Cisco vendor/retailer because each one has different discount(s).

Hi Leo

Thanks for your revert 

Also shall we have any temporary workaround or any device which will convert non poe to poe switches ?/

Hello,

I am afraid there are no such devices

any device which will convert non poe to poe switches

Cisco no longer sells inline power switches, however, if you go HERE there are still some available (15.4w only).

hello Leo,

thats news to me. How do they work with non-Poe siwtches and convert?

Can you please let me know

How do they work with non-Poe siwtches and convert?

This is old school.  These inline switches have two ports:  One is IN and one is OUT.  Power is applied to the OUT port.  

So from a non-PoE port you run a cable to the IN port and then another patch cable from the OUT port to the end-device.  It's like an injector but think of a 24-port switch where the top half are the IN ports and the bottom half are the OUT ports.

Cisco hasn't sold these for a long time, pre-3500XL-EN.  

Yeah, good to know this. Thanks Leo

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card