cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

remote control command sent to wrong location

poonkipmun1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I'm currently facing a weird issue with my pc and would like to seek for advice on possible causes.

The situation is like this:

I have PC1 connected to a routerA and router A is connected to router B. Router B has two connections : one to PC2 and another to PC3. When I used PC1 to send a remote control command to PC2, it works fine. However after disconnecting the control command from PC2 and sending another remote control command to PC3, the remote control command was sent to PC2 instead. But I still had full control of PC3. The only solution that worked is to restart PC1 and resend the control command to PC3. It happens similarly if I send the remote control command to PC3 initially and disconnect and send the command to PC2. The command would then be sent to PC3.

PC1 ---->RouterA------->RouterB-------->PC2

|

|------------>PC3

Does anybody have any advice on what may have caused this?

4 Replies 4

pwwiddicombe
Level 4
Level 4

This sounds more like an issue with the remote control software, than with the network.  What OS on the PC, and what remove control software are you using?

I'm using windows 2003. Was wondering if is it possible that the host name of the command sent by the pc1 was converted wrongly. Btw I don't think my com uses dns to convert the host name to ip

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

What i understand with your issue , It seems terminating of remote control command is not happening fully and there is delay timer or some sort of session is maintained with the older remote control PC.

Just a vague thought , Once you terminate the first session try to kill the process in PC1 for remote control session from services and then re-try for PC3.

Hope it Helps.

-GI

Hi, that was what I was suspecting too. this function was working fine before. Is it possible that the delay timer was changed by the software itself or maybe the timer services was corrupted?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card