Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote site reachability issue

darvin_16
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

this is my first time to post here that is why i don't know how to start.

we have H.Q and remote site they are connected through isp mpls. And exchange route via bgp. The problem is that one of the subnets in our remote site is not reachable in H.Q Lan. H.Q router and core switch are in OSPF. But only vlan 701 in the remote sites are not reachable other vlans are reachable. 

Things we tried.

1. Check any access-list that may block the subnets for vlan 701. There is none.

2.check the routing table in h.q core switch if the subnets of vlan 701 of the remote site is available and vice versa. The route is advertise both end learned the subnets. 

3.vlan 701 in the remote site is reachable from the H.Q router.

4. We tried to transfer the subnets of vlan 701 in other remote site to check if there are any filtering specific for that subnet. When we transfer it is now reachable from the H.Q Lan.

5. We tried to remove the subinterface of the remote site router for vlan 701 and return again but still not reachable. Even try to change to other subinterface but still not ok.

6.we even try to use not vlan 701 and use other subnets in remote site and still not reaching the H.Q LAN.

i attached a simple diagram for our network. Remote 1 has the reachablity issue. Remote site 2 is the working site. We tried on remote site 2 the subnets in vlan 701 of remote site 1 and it works.

i hope someone will share their opiniom abour our problem.

thanks

15 Replies 15

Hi,

There is no specific route going to the HQ lan. We have default route.

I attached the route in the remote site.

Other subnets in the same remote router is reachable from hq lan

darvin

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card