cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove a /26 network from a /24 public network but keep /24 at one site.

Jas1066
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Getting a bit stuck on if this will work..

I have a network on a /24 public network (site B), i have removed a /26 (.64 to .128) and assigned this public range at another site (site B).

Okay the tricky bit..i have two WANs ISP on /30 from site A to site B via my two perimeter routers , with VRRP WAN tracking.  The ISP manages both  WANs and sends me a default gateway via BGP.  What is the best way to get to the /26 at site B, ISP cannot advertise a /26 for me at site A (as its not big enough mask). But they will advertise /26 via BGP  at site B.

Looking to setup a VPN (on firewall before the perimeter routers) between sites how do i reach the /26?? via a static route on the firewall via VRRP on the perimeter router and  static route on the perimeter via /30s WANs? Will i black hole any routes don't think so as i have VRRP WAN interface tracking but not sure if BGP peer fails does the WAN VRRP tracking fail (not a link failure)?

Thanks for any info

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I am not sure if that is going to work as .64 to .128 is in the middle of a /24 and it already being advertised from site-A.

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I am not sure if that is going to work as .64 to .128 is in the middle of a /24 and it already being advertised from site-A.

HTH

Hi Reza,

Logically advertising /24 at site A and advertising /26 at site B.  In theory this should work ISP BGP cloud advertising a specific /26 pointing to site B less specific (/24) to site A.

Not seeing alternative options to get around this?

Thanks for any info

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card