Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacement of IOS NPE image

HrvojeStargl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have Cisco 3750-x switch with NPE image. I don't know why did customer bought this kind of image from previous system integrator, because we are not on Cisco list of countries that can't use non NPE images.

Few days ago, we tried to implement 802.1ae MACSec feature for encrypting data between two 3750X switches. All of the requirements are fulfilled except non-NPE image.

My question is, can I just upload non NPE image and go through normal upgrading procedure or there is some catch in this? Did anyone done this on devices which are bought with NPE image directly from Cisco?

Thank you all in advance,

Hrvoje

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi the difference is in the software not the actual hardware , its the features that it contains and the crypto abilities programmed into it   , you can change it to a standard ios no problem through normal process

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi the difference is in the software not the actual hardware , its the features that it contains and the crypto abilities programmed into it   , you can change it to a standard ios no problem through normal process

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: