Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing 3750X stack member.

forman102
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two 3750X in a stack. Each 3750X has one 10Gb uplink to primary core1 and one 1Gb uplink to backup core2 configured in 2 etherchannel groups. The member switch has bad ports, so I need to replace it. I have spare 3750X unit. Is it possible to connect the spare unit to the stack and then move the RJ-45 cables from the member with bad ports to the new member? That way I can minimize servers downtime to just a few seconds..If that would work, then the last step would be to move the 10Gb networking module from old member to the new one, as well as the secondary PSU. Is it doable? Also according to the documentation, all I need to add new member is matching IOS version, correct?

thanks,

forman

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Please follow these steps in this link to add the new switch to your stack.

Before you add this new switch, make sure to load the exact IOS you currently have on the stack to this switch. Also have the exact license level loaded. Once the stack is configred and working correectly, you would need to make sure you have the correct config for the right port before moving the cable from one to the other.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00807811ad.shtml#Add

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card