Views
Helpful
Replies

Reservation Authorization Code does not match Reservation Request Code

anthonyg2879
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

Is anyone able to provide an area of direction to get the above error resolved?

Error:

Reservation install file failed: The Reservation Authorization Code does not match the Reservation Request Code

Everything looks correct on the Smart Software Licensing portal on Cisco site.

This is a 4 switch stack ... I was able to get 3/4 licenses registered. This is the only one in the stack providing this error.

I did them one by one.

I re downloaded the Reservation Authorization Code from Cisco portal and still same issue.

Is there anything to view in the Authorization Code via text editor to confirm if the Request Code matches?

StackSwitch#show lic res
Overall status:
Active: PID:C9300-48U,SN:
Status: RESERVATION IN PROGRESS on Dec 20 14:41:25 2022 UTC
Request code:
Standby: PID:C9300-48U,SN:
Last Confirmation code:
Member: PID:C9300-48U,SN:
Last Confirmation code:
Member: PID:C9300-48U,SN:
Last Confirmation code:

HA UDI List:
Active:PID:C9300-48U,SN: One i am not able to get registered
Standby:PID:C9300-48U,SN:REGISTERED
Member:PID:C9300-48U,SN:REGISTERED
Member:PID:C9300-48U,SN:REGISTERED

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Review this document : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/licensing/common-licensing-issues/how-to/lic217542-how-to-install-the-authorization-code-on.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank You for the direction. Yes, that is the process i followed. I was able to activate the three other switches in the stack successfully but just that one i am getting that error.

I am trying to troubleshoot on why i am being told that error.

Is there anything deeper i can look into to see where the root of the error might be?

- Not that I know off  , in the end you may try to factory reset and then try to join it to the stack again , taking into account correct procedures such as configuring another stack master first (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card