Level 1
Level 1
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sks1964
Level 1
Level 1

Solved!

Plug the power cord into the switch. Do not press the "MODE" button. Wait until the console screen appears:
The password recovery mechanism is enabled.
USB EHCI 1.00
USB EHCI 1.00

press and immediately release the "MODE" button (before the beginning "Initializing Flash")

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://niksec.com/how-to-reset-cisco-catalyst-2960-switches-to-factory-default/

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I tried to reset the switch according to this instruction. Nothing comes out. I tried it according to other instructions: hold the "MODE" button for 10 seconds, 20, 30 seconds, when the color and blinking frequency of the LED System change. Unsuccessfully.

Cisco does not enter "rommon mode" and continues to boot.
The password-recovery mechanism is enabled.

sks1964_0-1679825932232.png

Same issue i faced while resetting cisco switch 2960x. switch not goes to ROMMON Mode and everytime load its previous configuration.

sks1964
Level 1
Level 1

Solved!

Plug the power cord into the switch. Do not press the "MODE" button. Wait until the console screen appears:
The password recovery mechanism is enabled.
USB EHCI 1.00
USB EHCI 1.00

press and immediately release the "MODE" button (before the beginning "Initializing Flash")

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card