Views
Helpful
Replies

Router 1800series diagnostic

ondra.meduna
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everbody,

I have a problem with malfunctioning fan in cisco router 1800series. After random time stops working. But I cant find any diagnostic to identify where can be problem. Thank you for any help...have a nice day.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

fans go all the time in Cisco devices that's why they usually have multiple fans and on 1800s there easily replaced

The only diagnostics you will be able to do for a fan is show env all

This will show you whether its degraded or gone completely

if its under support Cisco will send you a new 1 and you can open the lid on an 1800 and replace it they replace easily

If its not under support you will get 1 off ebay or a similar site easy enough for an 1800 series

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

fans go all the time in Cisco devices that's why they usually have multiple fans and on 1800s there easily replaced

The only diagnostics you will be able to do for a fan is show env all

This will show you whether its degraded or gone completely

if its under support Cisco will send you a new 1 and you can open the lid on an 1800 and replace it they replace easily

If its not under support you will get 1 off ebay or a similar site easy enough for an 1800 series

Hi Mark,

thanks a lot. Unfortunately this router is no longer in warranty. I will let him sending echo for few days and then check the log if the router had turn off in some point. And from time to time check fan status and MB temperature.

Have a nice day...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card