Helpful
Replies

Router Config for Internet & Intranet

sanjeevmahadani
Level 1
Level 1

Helloo Guys,

I want to configure cisco router 3645 for dual provider,

1> Router is configured on Lease Line for Intranet ( Internal application access ) and internet both from HQ.

Now we are going to hire ISP line locally from local ISP for internet use seperately, mean when domain user try to access internal application should access from lease line HQ and when he will access internet like google or any site that should access from local ISP.

Please suggest configuration on cisco router.

Regards

Sanjeev

3 Replies 3

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Sanjeev,

If am not wrong all internal/intranet related routes will be a specific routes and internet you would be receiving 0.0.0.0 route from ISP. In that case automatically you can access internal applications via leased line and internet related applications via internet.

Say for eg: if your internal range is 10.0.0.0/8 and internet 0.0.0.0 , then if you get any traffic destined to  intranet i.e. 10.0.0.0 will go via leased line and internet will go via ISP link.

Also it depends on the routing model of your infrastructure.

Regards

Karthik

Thanks Karthik,

Pls. send some example.

Reg

Sanjeev

Emmanuel Valdez
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

You can use PBR to accomplish your requirments, you can use Lease Line for internal appication traffic and Local ISP for Internet traffic.

Cisco 3645 is an old router, maybe you have to upgrade the IOS.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2/qos/configuration/guide/fqos_c/qcfpbr.html

If you need anything else please let me know.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card