Views
Helpful
Replies

Router ROMmon download

Adrian Chovan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am looking for a way to download the currently running ROMmon image from a running router without rebooting it or disrupting its operation in any way.

Is there any way I could access the ROMmon image from IOS and eventually download it? 

Any suggestions strongly appreciated, thanks.

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

What type of router are you using?

This maybe possible in some high end routers but not all.

HTH

Hi,

there are multiple routers I need to get the ROMmon from, but all are ISR, ISR G2 routers and a bunch of ASR 1002 running 3.10.x

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I recall on ISRs, I could update the ROMMON, but when the load finish, if I didn't allow the ISR to reboot itself, it was like the ROMMOM was never updated.  (I.e. next scheduled reboot doesn't get it.)

On higher-end platforms, I found you could often update the ROMMON, and it would activate on next reboot, which you could schedule.  The latter might be true for ASR 1Ks, but don't know for sure.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card