Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing 4G Modem/Extender to Public with Catalyst 3750

Bought a Cradlepoint L950 and inserted an active 4G SIM Card from Verizon. It needs a PoE connection to boot up. Via Ethernet I connected my laptop to the Cradle and then ran Ethernet from the Cradle to a port in my Cisco Catalyst switch so it gets PoE. WIFI disabled on laptop to test 4G connection. Connection came up and I was able to browse to the internet on my laptop. I went into management console of the Cradle at 192.168.0.1 on a web browser. It has a 169 public IP address. The problem is I cannot access the public IP address or ping the public IP address from another laptop. I think this is because the Catalyst switch is connected to the Cradle. I feel if it was an un-managed or dumb PoE switch this wouldn't be a problem. I assume I either need a route or NAT setting so other laptops on public networks can ping/access the public IP address of the 4G cradle device. Does anyone have any advice?

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 3750 is not capable of doing NAT. The NAT most likely is being done by the Cradlepoint router. So, in order to turn the 3750 into a dump hub, put all the ports in vlan1 or if you default the ports, they will all be part of vlan1. Also, do you own all the 169 public addresses? They may be just there but not assigned to you. Cradlepoint should be able to tell you how many public addresses come with the router.

HTH

Thank you for this information I will reach out to them and see what they say.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card