Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing table

fotismark
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team, people, internet guys,

I need a bit of help understanding something.

There is a switch, lets name it SW-1-1   which has some vlans layer 3 and some static routes.

My problem is the following.

1st. the Static route 0, leads to an unpigable IP (btw its not my design) which is very strange, I can only assume there was a typo.

And 2cond, there are static routes 10.0.0.0 which leads to an 192.168.1.225, which when I telnet it get to a vpn router (which that is correct)

Now I scratch my head because I can't find any interface to be connected to that VPNRouter with the IP of 192.168.1.225 and the default route doesn't seem to work (telnet or ping)

Where do you think I should look? Basically I am trying to make a logical design of that network. And I am trying to find where the 192.168.1.225 interface exist.

btw the internet Wan interface exist on the VPN, which is the 192.168.1.225, and the static route of 0.0.0.0 goes to 192.168.1.252 (no telnet unpingable maybe a typo)
And if that is the case I don't know how their network works

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

For clarity can you post, it maybe be you have some sort of recursive lookup happening?

sh ip protocols
sh ip route static
sh ip int brief | in up

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
either a typo or some config maybe from previous router before its was updated/replaced maybe , or they made design change and never did a clean up of config , if you cant ping it try trace , if nothing most likely invalid
is there any other statics for 10.0.0.0 range , where its valid route ?

Hello

For clarity can you post, it maybe be you have some sort of recursive lookup happening?

sh ip protocols
sh ip route static
sh ip int brief | in up

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card