Views
Helpful
Replies

SDM issue

Rawa Salah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

while i configured SSH on my switch and with username and password privelege 15 accessing , but still i cannot open the SDM for the switch , when i try to login and write username and password and enter , it shows me again to login

please why ?

7 Replies 7

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

AFAIK, SDM only works on Cisco routers (usually branch ISR).

Try using CNA instead:

www.cisco.com/go/cna

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Dear

my switch model is 3750X-TE , also sdm cant work on it ?

hi,

although 3750 is a layer 3 device, it doesn't fit the ASDM portfolio.

as mentioned, ASDM works with ISR routers.

besides, ASDM is the old GUI and has been replaced by CCP: www.cisco.com/go/ccp.

I believe CCP is End-of-Life. Your first recommendation (CNA - Cisco Network Assistant) is probably the better option.

hi chad,

i don't think CCP is near EOL.

cisco recently released version 2.7.

did you visit cisco.com/go/ccp?

Yea, I checked out the link and saw an EOL notice but maybe I mis-read it. It might only be for 1.x and 2.0, not all 2.x versions.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/configuration-professional/eol_c51_639573.html

Rawa,

CCP has completely replaced CNA.  I deal with CCP on a daily basis and hate it with a passion. But, for people that are not that familiar with the CLI, it's a good tool. The ISR G2 routers come with a default DHCP Pool, so you should be able to connect a network cable from your laptop to the router, get an IP address, and connect to the router.

You will need to change the default cisco/cisco login/password, because if you don't and reboot, you can only use that login/pass combo once, and will have to password reset your router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: