Views
Helpful
Replies

SDM issue

Rawa Salah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

while i configured SSH on my switch and with username and password privelege 15 accessing , but still i cannot open the SDM for the switch , when i try to login and write username and password and enter , it shows me again to login

please why ?

7 Replies 7

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

AFAIK, SDM only works on Cisco routers (usually branch ISR).

Try using CNA instead:

www.cisco.com/go/cna

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Dear

my switch model is 3750X-TE , also sdm cant work on it ?

hi,

although 3750 is a layer 3 device, it doesn't fit the ASDM portfolio.

as mentioned, ASDM works with ISR routers.

besides, ASDM is the old GUI and has been replaced by CCP: www.cisco.com/go/ccp.

I believe CCP is End-of-Life. Your first recommendation (CNA - Cisco Network Assistant) is probably the better option.

hi chad,

i don't think CCP is near EOL.

cisco recently released version 2.7.

did you visit cisco.com/go/ccp?

Yea, I checked out the link and saw an EOL notice but maybe I mis-read it. It might only be for 1.x and 2.0, not all 2.x versions.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/configuration-professional/eol_c51_639573.html

Rawa,

CCP has completely replaced CNA.  I deal with CCP on a daily basis and hate it with a passion. But, for people that are not that familiar with the CLI, it's a good tool. The ISR G2 routers come with a default DHCP Pool, so you should be able to connect a network cable from your laptop to the router, get an IP address, and connect to the router.

You will need to change the default cisco/cisco login/password, because if you don't and reboot, you can only use that login/pass combo once, and will have to password reset your router.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card