Views
Helpful
Replies

SDM strange behaviour

expertirs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I met a strange issue on a Cisco 3750 device.

A operator did some configuration on the switch, added route-maps on a policy already enable on an interface and suddenly the trafic didn't processed anymore. He restored the old configuration on the startup config and reboot the device.

When the device became up again, I noticed that de sdm prefer changed!! It was in the routing mode and it changed by its own on desktop default....

Did anyone already met this behaviour? Is there any issue with the pbr process? Do I need to replace de device?

Regards

5 Replies 5

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dominique,

The setting of SDM template is stored in special files inside the flash: filesystem (I believe it is the private-config.text), so if the operator was very thorough and began erasing the configuration and replacing it with a clean startup configuration, he might have caused the SDM to revert to the default value. Alternatively, his clean startup config may have contained a default SDM template setting.

At this point, I do not believe there is any cause for concern.

Best regards,

Peter

amchang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

test

test

test again

test

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card