cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up Cisco Lab with Static IP on 3 layer switch and Cisco 2514

illuminatous
Level 1
Level 1

Well just to be straight forward with everyone I'm just starting with all this equipment, regardless if its old still new to much, I mean I know how to configure I just need guidance on what to do with this setup, I can't figure out how to configure it.  I'm in a vocational high school and I'm the only one trying to do the work here via discovery based learning for the longest time now, since no one will help me I'll turn to Cisco. 
    I'm trying to setup a small Cisco lab off my schools network with old equipment.  I'm using a Computer with a Bridged connection between 2 NIc cards to allow be hidden somewhat from the schools network.  The internet is plugged into NIC card 1, and an outgoing straight thru cable is going into the WAN port of a Linksys WRT54G router which is setup with the IP 192.168.1.1 sub 255.255.255.0 and DHCP disabled.  Coming out from LAN port one of the WRT54G is another straight thru cable to a cisco 2514 router into a Eth transceiver in AUI port 0 on the router.  From there in AUI port 1 A patch cable is going to a Cisco Catalyst 3550 3 layer switch, each port on the switch must have there own IP in order for example: 192.168.5.1, 192.168.6.1, 7.1, etc. So I need to make the network static.  I've been trying to configure it my self but I've only managed to get DHCP working on just the Cata 3550.  I'm not sure what to do, could anyone guide me through this or assist me?  I'm looking forward to applying this knowledge to future situations and in my studies.  I even made a real quick picture to somewhat show what is going on here if I didn't make any sense in my post.

3 Replies 3

illuminatous
Level 1
Level 1

I apologize for my bed spelling and grammatical errors, but I had to type this all quickly, but please check out the picture so you have a better understanding. (Hopefully)

Anyone out there?

illuminatous
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure if I'm even in the right forum to be honest but can anyone guide me here?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card