cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SF 302-08P multiple vlan trunking

paulpagecisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have an Adtran Netvanta 7100 Router with two vlans 1 (192.168.1.0) and 2 (192.168.2.0).  Vlan 2 is the voice vlan for this all in one solution.  I have connected my SF 302 POE switch to the router and Trunked all the ports on both devices.  My phones will get vlan1 IP address but not Vlan2 ip address used by the phones to download boot and phone configuration.  I am sure I am missing something easy here but I am not used to the management of these small business switches and there must be some setting I am missing.  Typically I connect another switch, trunk all ports and thats it.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Tarquin Joseph
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Igonre my previous post.

You can assign VLAN 2 on the SF 302 switches as the voice vlan.  VoIP enabled devices are then associated with the voice vlan once recognized as such by the switch (by Telephone OUI,  or CDP/LLDP-MED advertisements).  You can also manually set the port to VLAN2, but this is useful only if you don't need voice and data on the same port.

If the 302 doesn't recognise the IP phones as VoIP devices, try updating the OUI in the switch database (pg. 198 of the 300 series switch manual).  This should ensure that the Cisco switch correctly tags traffic from the phone's MAC as belonging to the Voice VLAN and allow the phone to download it's configuration details.

Regards,

T.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card