Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi to all, till now i was not able to figure out the basic configuration of peer group.I'm using the following topology:Brief: R4, R3,R5,R6 belong to the AS 65100.I load the following configuration into R4:router bgp 65100 no synchronization bgp log-...

Hello.  My lab setup is like this.Computer(vlan12) -> Switch 1 (vlan 5 and 12) -> Switch 2 (vlan 5) -> Switch 3 (vlan 5)This the physical setup of the devices in use.I cannot get to VLAN 5 on switch 2 and 3 from my computer.  I can access vlan 5 on s...

Morning all!I have some switches that we tested in StackWise configuration, now they have some interface sets at g1/0/x and some at g2/0/x. I'd like to standardize them all at g1/0/x, and eliminate references to "Switch 2" so that everything not Stac...

leam_hall by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a Cisco 2821 with 2x HWIC-4ESW. Two of the ports on the first module (range 0/0/1-2) are access ports, with one vlan each. The vlans has ips configured in /30 nets, where the other usable address are ebgp neighbours. The port Im trying to u...

3moloz123 by Level 1
  • 27 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all experts.I am using Cisco 3845 router with adv security k9 IOS. I am currently using easy vpn server and several our users are using it for years now. Its all stable and working perfectly. Now i was thinking of setting up RSA token with it. Sin...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a problem in my router CISCO 1841, I install the SDM2.5 in my flash card but when i click in Additional task the SDM not do anything.... I install the SDM2.4 and is the same thing, the additional tasks not work.Anyone have an idea of ​​w...

INEM by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am having a problem configuring TCP intercept.I follow the example in the configuring TCP Intercept PDF (attached) I downloaded from Cisco.In the terminal configuration mode, I enter:access-list 101 permit tcp any 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255(using my act...

Hello all!I am currious if I can connect my SPAN port to another port on my switch that is accessing a dry VLAN, I know I will have to enable BPDUFILTER to keep it from having a loopback error, but if I do this 1) will it work 2) can I then trunk tha...

Hello,With local authentication (with no aaa new-model  -no tacacs, no radius device/function)) I would like to get an information message that the authentication failed not at all error of mis-writting the password, but only when the 3th attempt/try...

jabouaf by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am working with this particular switch from Cisco: SG300-52It  functions only from a web gui, no cli available which has made configurations  cumbersome. Under "VLAN Management" I don't see a tab for assigning an  IP Address to a VLAN. This i...

We have a Cat 3550 PoE switch that gives an error when we plug in 7942 phones. The phones do not boot up.The error is: ILPOWER-3-CONTROLLER_PORT_ERR: Controller port error, Interface FA0/11: Power given but link is not upThe switch is running IPBase ...

Hi All,if anyone can help put my mind at ease regarding a relatively simple QOS policy, it would be greatly appreciated.To give you an outline of the Network Topology I have the following -Site # 12 X HP Procurve 2510G switches1 x Wireless Ethernet E...