Views
Helpful
Replies

SG 200-26P

Tissy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community.

This is my first post and I hope someone may be able to assist me.  I have a Cisco SG 200-26P switch which is in a domestic setting.  The switch is located in a cabinet in my garage and is therefore connected via a ethernet over main adapter and then subsequently plugged into my home router which manages DHCP.

I can access the switch etc without any issues having assigned it an IP in the same domain as my main switch (192.168.1.x).

I have a PoE camera connected to the switch, however according to my home router, that is being served an IP of

10.100.1.101.  For the life of me, I cannot seem to get it on the same port range as all the other devices when they are issued a DHCP address.  The router has been fully updated and factory reset, can anyone assist what i may be doing wrong please.

Thank you very much,

Steve

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you Looking to have same network, you need to disable DHCP on SG200 Switch ?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-small-business-200-series-smart-switches/smb1097-dynamic-host-configuration-protocol-dhcp-server-auto-configu.html

So the switch become only Layer 2 and all the DHCP assingment will be from your Home Router.

If you looking to manange the switch, allocate same IP range free IP to switch to manage the device ( 10.100.1.X)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

which brand/type/model is the PoE camera ? It might just be that it picks up an IP address from a neighboring wireless router (one of your neighbor's possibly). 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card