Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-26 ports 25 & 26 problem

nashaden1978
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just got the mentioned SG200-26 switch and cannot get in terms with it. At first there was a problem with ports 7-12 and 19-24: in the system summary all those had the operational status UP though there were no cables inserted in them. If I did plugin a cable there it had no connection anyway. I upgraded the firmware to 1.4.5.02 and they started working. However, I have a problem with ports 25 & 26. Whenever I plugin a cable there the lights on the switch go on, but i have no connection though the system summary says the operational status in UP. I tried to plugin my laptop directly to those ports and being plugged in I could not even log in to the web interface of the switch.

The manual says that they are special purpose ports but otherwise says nothing what is so special about them. I do know that they share the miniGIBIC ports that are next to them and that if i use them then the RJ45 counterparts are disabled. I just want to link my other switch (SF200-24) using either port 25 or 26 of the SG200 switch. All my other switches are SF200-24 and I always link them using the 25/26 gigabit ports.

Since all the ports here (SG200) are gigabit do 25 and 26 ports have some other task to do than linking?

1 Reply 1

The combo ports are uplink ports. I think you need a crossover cable for the connections. Also (and assuming you can access the web interface) under Port Management --> Port Settings, you need to select either the Combo Ports Copper or the Combo Fiber and enable one of them, both won't work at the same time.

Check page 125 of the Admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/administration_guide/78-19308-01.pdf

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card