cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sg200-26 switch problems

ethutchinson
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to login to a sg200-26 for the first time. I set my gateway

to be 192.168.1.254 and give myself an ip of 192.168.1.253. I get the

web page and load the default cisco and cisco combo but do not get in.

I dont think anyone else has used this switch but the combo does not

work. Any ideas?      

3 Replies 3

pieterh
VIP
VIP

When the device is using the factory default IP address of 192.168.1.254, its power LED flashes continuously. When the device is using a DHCP assigned IP address or an administrator-configured static IP address, the power LED is on solid.

Maybe this help to determine the device has been configured before.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

If you are getting the Cisco login page then your network settings are correct. You don't need a default gateway as the management address of the switch is in the same subnet you put your network card into so they speak at L2.

When you input the username cisco and password cisco, what happens? Do you get an error?

Is this a brand new switch?

These switches have a default password of cisco but they force you to change it at first login to something more complex.

michaeldedulle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is an old topic but it is the only one regarding my similar problem.

I recently aquired a SG200 26, as a total NOOB(be warned) I'm trying to login to the router.

As for the moment I've connected the router to my laptop and try to acces it using this adress: 192.1686.1.254

I've tried to reset the switch several times, pushing +30sec on the reset button with noting connected to the switch.

All led's light up, but the status led just keeps on blinking fast, however surfing to 192.168.1.254 doesn't yield any succes nor any login page. trying to ping gives me the 100% packages loss.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card