cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 Mirror Port / Port is Operationally DOWN and Status is Not Ready

fmarshall3
Level 1
Level 1

I've been using mirror ports for a long time with SF300 and SG300 switches. 
Suddenly I'm noticing the switch Port is Operationally DOWN and the Mirroring Table is showing Status is Not Ready.

I'm not doing anything fancy.  There is the standard VLAN 1 and another VLAN 100 but the latter only applies to a few ports and none of those involved in the Mirror.

Firmware 1.4.9.4

The destination mirror port is Excluded from any VLAN (both on working machines and on the ones described above)

The VLAN interface of the destination mirror port is TRUNK (both on working machines and on the ones described above)

Administrative PVID is 1 (both on working machines and on the ones described above)

What's wrong??

Would this be the observation if the failing unit has no cable connected to the mirror port or that the cable doesn't go anywhere?  I'm dealing with this remotely...

The copper test result is OK.  

The copper test result Copper Port Advance Table shows each of the 4 pairs Fail and no Channel, Polarity or Pair Skew entries at all (??)

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if this thread can be helpful :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-switches/port-mirroring/td-p/1691318

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card