Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 - why my ping fails ??

lkajcsu01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Support Community, 

I`ve got a quite interesting scenario and I just can`t help myself.. 

Is anyone knows the answer ?

10 Replies 10

GRANT3779
Spotlight
Spotlight

It seems to be your PC cannot reach anything that is not layer 2 adjacent which may suggest a Gateway problem. Is your PC using 10.1.10.1 as its GW?

To reach anything not on the 10.1.10.0/24 network from the PC it will need a Gateway configured.

Hi

Could you please share your configurations?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hello Julio, 

Thanks for being interested.. It is a wierd kind of problem, never came accross like this. Will upload the config soon.

Hello,

is your switch operating in layer 2 or layer 3 mode ?

Hello Grant, 

Thanks for the quick reply, nope, that shouldn`t be the Gateway..

The PC is having a succesful dhcp, so the R1 - as the dhcp server -  is saying it is the gateway.

SW1 also knows about R1 as its gateway ( configured statically)

There is no difference if the PC is takes its ip address through dhcp or it is been statically addressed by the ping perspective...

I will upload the configuration soon.

Might be worth running wireshark on the PC and see if the icmp traffic from the other networks are getting to the PC at least. You should be able to then tell if reply  traffic is returned from PC. If so, gives you an idea as to where the issue may be.

You can do similar on the network kit with captures/debugs but wireshark on pc probably quickest.

Good Morning, 

I was working to solve the problem, but with not to much luck. So, here , let me upload the configs.

Exact Topology :  Laptop --MAIN-RT --Fiber SW ( L3-3750) xxxxx Branch SW (SG300)--Branch RT -- Laptop

Got perfect ping between Main RT-<>-Branch (back n forth)

I believe something wrong with the routing..

Thanks for your comments !

MAIN -RT (10.1.10.254-->10.1.10.1)Branch RT
Service as 172.16.11.1 Service as 10.1.11.1
Voice Voice

MAIN -RT (10.1.10.254-->10.1.10.1)Branch RT
Service as 172.16.11.1 | Service as 10.1.11.1
Voice | Voice

Hi,

Having a bit of trouble matching your configs to the diagram. As an example, your diagram states an address of 172.16.1.254 on G0/1 of R1 which i am assuming is the branch router. I can't see this on any configs attached. I also cannot see 172.16.1.1 in any of the configs which is supposed to be configured on  router 2.

How are these routers connected? All through the same switch? You may want to update the diagram exactly how it all connects with ports and also the switch configs as some of the info doesn't seem to tally up from what I can see.

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card