Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 wrong POE port reported

softbox
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.

I have a factory defaulted SG300-28PP switch. It has been updated to firmware version 1.4.11.5, boot version 1.3.5.06. It has been functioning perfectly for the past few months (or, at least I thought so). Yesterday I moved it from a central network closet where most ports were populated, over to a different rack where only a few devices were plugged in. That's when I noticed a strange POE discrepancy.

If i plug a POE device into port 1, the green activity light for port 1 lights up, but the POE light for port 2 lights up. If I plug a POE device into port 2, the POE light on port 3 lights up. Plug it into port 4, and POE light on port 1 lights up. The switch GUI shows POE usage/load according to the same port that lights up for POE, and NOT the port that the device is plugged into.

Ports 7-12 and 19-24 seem to work and light up as usual.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Any suggestions for how to fix it? I've already rebooted several times, and restored the device to factory settings as well, with no luck.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I am not familiar with SG series switches but from the sound of it this appears to be a bug in the software or possible hardware issue. I recommend you open a ticket with TAC and have them investigate the issue. It may require an RMA if another upgrade does not fix the issue.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card