cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350 VLAN Trunk/Tagging Issue

JessSCC
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue with a single VLAN. I have a few VLANs on this switch: 1,4,25,26,30,45. The connected ports are configured thusly: 

int range ge1-10
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk allowed vlan all

My uplink port is ge10

My testing port is ge1

I have tried different test devices. From my laptop, I can go into the network driver VLAN tab and connect to VLAN25 (telling my NIC to tag VLAN25). It works, I get a VLAN 25 ip address and can connect. Same if I try VLAN4, or VLAN26. However, when I connect to VLAN45 (telling my NIC to tag VLAN45) I don't get an IP address, and I can't connect. Assigning a static IP doesn't help. 

I can for example, set port ge4 to switchport mode access, VLAN 45 untagged, and my laptop or any device will get a VLAN45 address and it works just fine untagged. So I know my uplink trunk is working and VLAN 45 traffic is coming across.

I have tested with a wireless AP on port 1 as well. All SSIDs that have VLANs 4, 25, 26 connect okay. SSID on VLAN45 will not connect.

I have tried two different SG350s, and tried swapping between firmware 2.5.0.83 and 2.4.0.94. The results are the same.

Any help? Thanks!

1 Reply 1

JessSCC
Level 1
Level 1

Nevermind. Was plugged into the wrong port upstream. >.<

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card