Views
Helpful
Replies

Sharing Bridge Domain between Layer 2 and 3 Ports on ISR4331

paulhughes5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to use a common VLAN between the built in layer 3 ports and a 4 x GE NIM.

The reason being is that I require the use of the fibre port due to distance and the copper ports as there are a few devices connecting directly.  My config is below for the L3 port using a service instance and a mix of that and traditional switchport config for the L2 interface.

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/2
description Downlink to SW01 Gi0/16
no ip address
no ip redirects
no ip proxy-arp
negotiation auto
service instance 7 ethernet
encapsulation dot1q 7
rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
bridge-domain 7
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/2/0
description Connection to WAP01
switchport trunk allowed vlan 2,7
switchport mode trunk
interface Vlan7
no ip address
service instance 7 ethernet
encapsulation dot1q 7
rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
bridge-domain 7

It may be that what I am trying is not supported however I'm unable to find any docs on the subject.  Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Paul

2 Replies 2

Hi Paul,

You can configure some interface to share a same vlan and have one SVI in common, please check this link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/lan-switching/integrated-routing-bridging-irb/200650-Understanding-Bridge-Virtual-Interface.html

Also check this tool to verify if that is compatible.

http://cfn.cloudapps.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/by-feature-technology.jsp

Hope it is useful and supported on your device

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi

I dont think that doc is specific to my question.  The problem is I am trying to use 2 different types of interface, the built in layer 3 and add-in layer 2 NIM.  They do not support the same type of configuration so that may be where the issue is.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card