cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sharing system not access with Name (netbios)

ravi.uttam
Level 1
Level 1

Hiii,

We had configured network on L3, L2 and Wireless on 2500 Cisco controller with lightweight Ap's. The wireless has a authentication through Radius server. 

Wireless SSID with authentication of Radius server configured on Vlan 105.

Local LAN vlan in 100.

Now the issue with 105 Vlan, the system which connected on Vlan 105 will not able to access the local sharing. For Example if the system name Cisco and Ip address 10.122.105.2, will not access with name :\\Cisco.

If the same system try to open with IP like \\10.122.105.2, would be open and no issue.

We are trying to finding the cause of this. If any one have any idea pls revert to resolve, thank you all in advance.

Regards,
Ravi Uttam

4 Replies 4

Hello,

Netbios uses broadcast for name resolution, which are blocked by default at the layer 3 border. Usually, you would have to configure an 'ip helper-address x.x.x.x' on the layer 3 interface, where x.x.x.x would be the address of the WINS server.

Can you post the config of the 2500 ?

ok i will share 2500 config soon.

But when i confirure the 105 Vlan on Lan port its cant work for me, but the Lan Vlan 100, is easily accessible to any system with Name.

Hello,

check if enabling ip forwarding for UDP ports 137 (NetBIOS Name Server) and 138 (NetBIOS Datagram Server) makes a difference.

ip forward-protocol udp 137

ip forward-protocol udp 138

Tausif Gaddi
Level 1
Level 1

Review Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Configuration Guide, Release 7.0.116.0 http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-0MR1/configuration/guide/wlc_cg70MR1/cg_wlan.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card