cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

'show ip sockets' wont show active ssh (tcp port 22) socket connection

will
Level 3
Level 3

on newer models of cisco catalyst switches, such as c9200, and probably even 3650/3560 series, you are supposed to see the the active listening/open sockets with the command:

"show ip sockets"

but the active ssh = tcp 22 session is missing from this table of active open ports.

anybody have a clue? Also, is there a better command to run to get this information?

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may also try  "show ip tcp brief" or "show tcp brief"

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

1-
A similar command is show ip sockets on older IOS versions, but it doesn't seem to list TCP sockets. However, it will list other non-UDP protocols, like EIGRP.

2-TRY this command 

show control-plane host open-ports

3-

show tcp brief 
only show you the active connection (TCP) not show the port that router listen to.

pman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

try show tcp brief all command

will
Level 3
Level 3

thx to all who replied. I performed some various tests on certain models to help the community and show some desperation - LOL! This shouldn't be so difficult to do. these switches OS have been around for 20+ years. Common cisco!

So Im still not having much luck:

3560 Switch:

show tcp brief all - shows just active ssh-22 connection & occasionally tacacs (tcp-49)
show tcp brief - shows just active ssh-22 connection & occasionally tacacs (tcp-49)
show ip sockets - gets me mostly there will app udp/tcp ports, but missing tcp-22
show control-plane <anything> - command not available

C9200 Switch:

show tcp brief all - shows just active ssh-22 connection & occasionally tacacs (tcp-49)
show tcp brief - shows just active ssh-22 connection & occasionally tacacs (tcp-49)
show ip sockets - gets me mostly there will app udp/tcp ports, but missing tcp-22

C9300 Switch:

show ip tcp brief <all> - command not available on all platforms

show tcp brief all <<<<- NO IP with this command 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card