Helpful
Replies

%SISF-4-ENTRY_BLOCKED : Entry blocked --> Log Warning 17.6.4

TomBaz83
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys!

I hope you can help me.

We are updating some switches, Catalyst 9200 and 9300, to the software release 17.6.4. (DNA and Network Essential).

Everything works as expected but we are getting some curious syslog warning messages.

%SISF-4-ENTRY_BLOCKED: Entry blocked Could not create the entry! no space left and not possible to free space

I found this explanation by cisco

%SISF-4-ENTRY_BLOCKED : Entry blocked [chars]

Explanation: An attempt to install an entry in the IPv6 binding table was blocked. This can be due to a conflicting entry or maximum number of entries reached

Recommended Action: If the maximum table size is reached, consider increasing it. If a conflicting entry already exist, this maybe an attempt to steal address ownership. You should investigate which host is connected on the interface and wether it should be disconnected

System Error Messages Guide For Access and Edge Routers, Cisco IOS XE Gibraltar 16.10.1 - SBC_MPS through TMQ [Cisco IOS XE 16] - Cisco

And a description to do some IPv6 snooping and IPv6 First Hop Security settings

Security Configuration Guide, Cisco IOS XE Bengaluru 17.6.x (Catalyst 9200 Switches) - Configuring IPv6 First Hop Security [Support] - Cisco

But I have never done some IPv6 snooping etc. configurations in the past and it seems, that my switches are not aware of those commands.

In conf t there is no ipv6 snooping and also no ipv6 binding table possible to execute.

And now I’m on the point, I have no further ideas … I’m not sure what the Syslog Warning messages triggers, and I don’t know how to fix it.

Anyone else out there with similar issues?

BR

Tom

1 Accepted Solution
3 Replies 3

Hello,

tough one, as there seems to be no information at all available for this error/log message.

Can you post the output of:

show device-tracking policy policy_name

sh device-tracking policy IPDT_POLICY
Device-tracking policy IPDT_POLICY configuration:
security-level guard
device-role node
NOT gleaning from Neighbor Discovery
NOT gleaning from DHCP
gleaning from ARP
gleaning from DHCP4
NOT gleaning from protocol unkn
limit address-count 10
tracking enable

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card