cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Cisco status

gehsu
Level 1
Level 1

I use SNMP through Zabbix to get the Port running status. But the only information obtained is Up/Down. Is there a way to get more information? For example, Port Down is because of unusual traffic. Instead of shutting down the user's computer.

Cisco Device Administrator is not me.
I only know about Port security at the moment and seems to implement the information I need.
I have the Internet query Port security function, but I don't know much, once I turn on Port security, the Port must be bound to the user's mac address?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- There are other port security features too such as limiting the number of mac addresses on a particular port , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

So how can I set Cisco so that SNMP can get the information that the port is locked (closed) abnormally?

gehsu
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know through SNMP that the Port was shut down because of anomalies.
For example, a certain port keeps sending ARP packets. Causes the Port to shut down

>....I would like to know through SNMP that the Port was shut down because of anomalies.
For example, a certain port keeps sending ARP packets. Causes the Port to shut down
      - Usually these kind of events are forwarded to an SNMP Manager instance trough SNMP traps , enable the switch to send all snmp traps to zabbix too and make sure it is enabled and also configured to understand snmp traps , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: