Views
Helpful
Replies

Source based routing

vishal_bhugra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts

I have 3 sites, as shown in attached pdf.

1) Both data centers are advertising 1.1.1.1.

2) Remote site is advertise 2.2.2.2 and 3.3.3.3

My requirement is if the source is 2.2.2.2 the traffic should go to DC-1 and if the source is 3.3.3.3 traffic should go to DC-2.

Is there any solution other than Policy based routing.

4 Replies 4

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

you can manage that directly on remote sites by tuning your dynamic routing protocol. 

Which protocol do you use between DC and remote sites?

Is there a mpls managed by ISP? If so, how do you redistribute/advertise your networks (which routing protocol) ?

Thanks

PS: Please Don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this solved your issue 

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hello Supportian

We run BGP between the sites and MPLS is managed by ISP.

regards

Vishal Bhugra 

Hi

there are many ways. I will just give you 2 of them. 

If you want to manage the priorization of a specific neighbor for a specific subnet you can use local-preference on remote sites. 

If you want to manage it globally over MPLS you can ask your MPLS provider to use community. That means your ISP will tell you with community you need to use to advertise network as primary and which one for secondary. Then on your Datacenter you'll tag subnets with the right community. Remote sites will get from your ISP the route for the primary and secondary as fallback

hope this is clear

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this solved your issue  

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hello Supportian

I am sorry, if not clear on my question. But this routing is source based not destination based.

But, last night I found the solution

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_0s/feature/guide/vrfselec.html

Thanks a lot though 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card