Views
Helpful
Replies

Spanning-tree MST - Region name

VinnyB
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

does all switches need to have the same region name or it's only locally known ?

I'm talking about this command :

spanning-tree mst configuration
  name XXXXX

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The same for all switches.

from the config guide:

To allow switches to participate in MST instances, you must consistently configure the switches with the same MST configuration information (see “MST Configuration Information” section on page 1-3). A collection of interconnected switches that have the same MST configuration is an MST region. An MST region is a linked group of MST bridges with the same MST configuration. The MST configuration controls the MST region to which each switch belongs. The configuration includes the name of the region, the revision number, and the MST VLAN-to-instance assignment map.

Link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/configuration/guide/cli/CLIConfigurationGuide/MST.pdf

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The same for all switches.

from the config guide:

To allow switches to participate in MST instances, you must consistently configure the switches with the same MST configuration information (see “MST Configuration Information” section on page 1-3). A collection of interconnected switches that have the same MST configuration is an MST region. An MST region is a linked group of MST bridges with the same MST configuration. The MST configuration controls the MST region to which each switch belongs. The configuration includes the name of the region, the revision number, and the MST VLAN-to-instance assignment map.

Link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/configuration/guide/cli/CLIConfigurationGuide/MST.pdf

HTH

thanks!

I'm going to have fun...I need to connect Nexus 5000 to Avaya VSP ...

Right now the Region Name on the Avaya is it's MAC address. Now I would need to change the region name on the Avaya...without impact

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card