Views
Helpful
Replies

Specifying the required hardware

darren-carr
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

I am in the process of developing a spec that is to be used for the purchase of a significant amount of Cisco switch hardware, mainly from the 2000 and 3000 series.

I was wondering if you could help me confirm that I have included everything.

2000 Series

I am ordering 2 x WS-C2960S-48TS-L for my DMZ. These only need to be L2 devices, but need to be stackable

2 x Cisco Catalyst 2960S-STACK

2 x CAB-STK-E-0/5m

LAN Base license

3000 Series

I am ordering 3 x WS-C3750X-48PF-S that I would like to stack and connect to my distribution layer. I would also like to include a RPS for the device, and to support the additional power requirements for IP Tel. We may well implement routing at the access layer in the future. I am therefore ordering:

3 x C3KX-PWR-1100WAC

3 x CAB-STACK-50CM (stack cables)

3 x IP Base license (to support stacking technology)

Does this cover everything I require. I haven't included SmartNet (maintenance) as this is a given.

Thanks,

Darren

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Darren,

Don't forget to order the uplink ports module for 3750-X series.  This module can be 1Gig or 10Gig (fiber)

If you get the 1gig then you need to order SFPs for it.  If you get the 10gig then you need the SFP+.

Also don't forget to order the SFP or SFP+ for the 2960s

Datasheet for 2960

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/product_data_sheet0900aecd80322c0c.html

cisco 3750-X datasheet for part number for the module and SFP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/data_sheet_c78-584733.html

One more thing

for SFPs you need to order MM or SM.

Good luck

Reza

Hi Reza,

Thanks for the prompt reply, I had included those, sorry for not mentioning this.

Does that now cover everything off?

Thanks,

Darren

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 3750X requires not just the SFP/SFP+ but the module as well.  It could be C3KX-NM-1G (4 x 1Gb-only SFP ports), C3KX-NM-10G (1Gb SFP and/or 10Gb SFP+) and C3KX-NM-10GT (two 10Gb BaseTx and will NOT negotiate to 1Gb BaseTx).

Thanks Leo,

I noticed this when following Reza's link.

Thanks guys

Darren

No problem Darren.  Just also have a look at the supported SFP/SFP+.  There are some SFP/SFP+ that are supported on the 3750/3750G/3750E, for example the -ER, that is not supported on the 3750X. 

I have requested for a Product Enhancement Request with our SE here but so far the 3750X BU didn't put this in the latest code. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card