Views
Helpful
Replies

ssh connection refuse for stack switch

shaikh.zaid22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i am having a stack of 4 catalyst switches and is configured for ssh remote access. All of a sudden the ssh connection is getting refused and on the firewall (which is my gateway) i am seeing TCP reset from server.

Since the devices are located remotely i cannot take console to verify.

Is a reload of the stack will fix ? how it could be fixed? 

Any suggestion.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi all,

the issue got resolved. Our NAC solution was configured to login to the switches for dynamic vlan change.

the switches are configured for only 3 simultaneous logins, as soon as we disabled the NAC switch logins, the ssh locally started working.

Thank you all for the responses,

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi

It can fix and it can not. If you can get some onside to reload them, better use this same onsite guy and have control over the console to check 

The most important question here is:  Did you or someone else did any change on this device?  

Thanks Flavio,

No changes has been performed; however, day-before yesterday i myself took the ssh remote without any issues.

If i get the console of the device, shall i reconfigure the ssh config ? or what ?

If you get console, looks the logs first just to make sure nothing weird happened. If you dont see anything, then try to run the command for SSH again.

You can run "no aaa new-model" and then "aaa new-model"

After that, try to generate the keys again with "crypto key generate rsa"

you shoud see the SSH coming UP.

Thanks falvio,

I will do it and post my outcome.

If u can share any document for ssh key generation will help alot.

you can access to SW via console ?
show ip ssh 
show ssh 

Hi all,

the issue got resolved. Our NAC solution was configured to login to the switches for dynamic vlan change.

the switches are configured for only 3 simultaneous logins, as soon as we disabled the NAC switch logins, the ssh locally started working.

Thank you all for the responses,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card