cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH from 3650 to Nexus 6K

George-Sl
Level 1
Level 1

When I SSH from 3650 to 6K it doesn't prompt for username, instead it goes straight into password,

and I haven't set any enable passwords on my nexus, I don't even know if that is the case but how do you set enable password on nexus 6K,

and one last question, Is Firepower capable of doing a ssh(From Firepower to other devices)?

Thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You may first need to enable the feature "feature privilege", before being allowed to configure the secret password, via "enable secret".

As for FTD being a SSH client, this is not supported; haven't tested the latest releases for this specific feature, but it hasn't been there, the same way as it hasn't been there in ASA, for the same reasons.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nexus OS does not have enable access like the IOS.

HTH

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You may first need to enable the feature "feature privilege", before being allowed to configure the secret password, via "enable secret".

As for FTD being a SSH client, this is not supported; haven't tested the latest releases for this specific feature, but it hasn't been there, the same way as it hasn't been there in ASA, for the same reasons.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

I forgot to add that I can ssh to the 6K from desktop and it asks for username and password and it works, but when I SSH from 3650 it prompts only for the password, and when I put the password obviously It won't accept it.

Welcome to Cisco DevNet's show, the Daily Standup! Join Denise Kwan, our experienced software developer, and Mel Delgado, our expert in operations and SREs, ...

so I just set that enable secret, the thing is before I even set that enable secret when I was doing a ssh from 3650 it was still asking for password, and after I set the secret password, I still can't login.

this is a bug, 3650 ssh client is not uptodate enough to do the job?

ok I got it, this must be a cipher issue, although it's not saying it, but it is.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card