Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH Putty "Server's host key did not match the signature suppied"

g.lafreniere
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for some help with an SSH issue,

I have 2 ASR-1002 routers, one is my primary and the other is a backup router for redundancy and I am using HSRP. On my primary router I can use PUTTY and secure shell into it without any problems, when I try to secure shell into the backup router it gives me an error message "Server's host key did not match the signature supplied". My question is how can I resolve this or is this because I am using HSRP?  I have tried the obvious which is re-generating a new key and also re-generating another key at 1024 bits, and also reloading the router itself. I can't seem to get around this problem. I can console into it and everything looks fine and I don't see anything in it's current configuration that would be causing this. Any ideas folks? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg                 

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi
HSRP is not the issue here
Can you telnet to the back up router?
Can you post sh run and sh ver from the router ?

HTH

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Reza,

For security reasons we have telnet turned off. Also, due to security reasons I can't post my sh run. On the sh ver, the primary and secondary are identical, so I can't see anything from there as to what would cause this as I can SSH to the primary but not the secondary. Very intriguing. Any more thoughts? Thanks much.

Greg

Otoum
Level 1
Level 1

Please add below command @ global config

crypto key generate rsa modulus 1024 label KEYLABLE
ip ssh rsa keypair-name KEYLABLE

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card