Views
Helpful
Replies

stack maximum capacity. !

Microcisco
Level 1
Level 1

hello everyone,

how can i know which models of cisco switches support stack and what is the maxmum capacity of stack for that model.

thanks in advance :)

4 Replies 4

that can all be found in the data-sheets:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/campus-lan-switches-access/index.html

About stacking: Just because a platform is capable of stacking for example eight switches, that doesn't mean you should do that. If you need man ports, a modular platform like the Catalysr 4500 or 6800 could be the better solution.

Dears thanks for helping me i wish you be happy all the time :)

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

As Karsten notes, that information should be noted somewhere on the device's datasheet.

However, later 2960 models (-S, -X, -XR) can be stacked as can the 3750, 3650 and 3850 series switches.  I think all the forgoing (currently) support stacks up to nine units.  Also the 4500-X can form a VSS pair (basically sort of stack of two).

The exact amount can always be found in the Q&A:

Q.    How many Cisco Catalyst 3850 switches can stack into a single logical entity?
A.     Up to 9 Cisco Catalyst 3850 switches can be stacked together to build single logical StackWise-480 switch since Cisco IOS XE Release 3.3.0SE. Prior to Cisco IOS XE Release3.3.0SE, up to 4 Cisco Catalyst 3850 switches could be stacked together.

Q. How many Cisco Catalyst 3650 switches can stack into a single logical entity?
A. Up to nine Cisco Catalyst 3650 switches can be stacked together to build single logical StackWise-160 switch.

Table 4.       FlexStack Combinations

Stack Combination

Max Stack Bandwidth

Stack Limit

IOS License

2960-XR

80G

IP Lite

2960-X

80G

LAN Base

2960-S/SF