If i want to to make LACP among stack switches and server is it possible or it will work fine if any one switch will fail.
1. For exam I have 4 switches in one stack
2. I have install one new server for virtual environment
3. Then I connect one NIC of server on switch 3 on stack and other NIC on switch 4 on same stack
4. Then I will configure group two switches ports in one LACP ether channel.
5. will it work in case of switch 3 fail and server will remain accessible from switch 4
6. switches are 3750
7. what will be the proper way to do this.
Thanks for reply, waiting for answer
Depends on the server.
VMware doesn't support LACP, only unconditionally IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation (no LACP or PAGP). Same is true for HP Pro-Liant adapter teaming, at least what I saw in the documentation.
This is true for most servers, but better verify in the server or OS documentation.
In case of unconditional you have to configure your channel-group as "mode on".
Please try and post results.
Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: