cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stacked Switch: No connectivity between switch ports 1/0/1 & 2/0/1.

S.Srivas_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've setup two 3750-x in stacked configuration.

I'm unable to ping between a PC on 1/0/1 and another PC on 2/0/1 (in VLAN1). However I can ping 1/0/1 to gateway A1 and 2/0/1 to gateway A2.

A1 and A2 will be made Active/Standby, once the inter stack switch traffic is working. (similar to inter switch trunks in non stack setup.)

What should be done to pass traffic through other switch, when required?

Regards

SS

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

If your stack is working correctly, both your switches are logically one and the config should be one also. Are port 1/0/1 and 2/0/1 in the same vlan and subnet? if they are than you should only have one gateway not 2.

HTH

Hi Reza,

Yes member 1 port 1/0/1 and member 2 port 2/0/1 are on vlan 1, same subnet.

not using any gateway at present for this PC1 to PC2 ping..

Can I ping from PC1 to PC 2 on the same vlan/subnet found in two different stack members within one stack?

Thank you for the replies.

SS

I'm unable to ping between a PC on 1/0/1 and another PC on 2/0/1 (in VLAN1). However I can ping 1/0/1 to gateway A1 and 2/0/1 to gateway A2.

If both PCs are in the same VLAN what do you mean by line I've highlighted above?  What do you mean gateway A1 and A2?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card