cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

stacking nexus 5000 series

mauleshg1
Level 1
Level 1

We have two new nexus 5596t switch and we have layer 3 license also for that i have few question for that.

1.  in nexus 5596t we have to installed layer 3 license or not.

2. we are going to enable inter vlan routing on nexus switch

3. i want to configure stack (active active configuration ) between two nexus 5596 switch e.g we are configuring VSS in 4500-x

which protocol i have to configure for stacking between two nexus switch.

4. after configuration of stacking support one switch goes down then second switch able to keep live inter vlan routing.

5. please guide me for stacking configuration.

6. give me brief idea about stacking or any other stacking supported protocol.

7. please find attached file connectivity scenario and configuration.

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi You cant stack nexus 5k switches , if your connecting them to a 4500x vss they would be in a vpc domain between them and the 4500 would have a standard port-channel link connected to each 5ks and then on 5k side it would using a vpc port-channel

This is the type of design in link below you should be looking at only with 5ks not 7s , if your going to do routing on 5k you also need a layer 3 card

O2 Daughter Card with L3 ASIC       N55-D160L3  

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/white_paper_c11_589890.html

Hi Guys,

I have to do the stacking in nexus 9396TX series switch, I don't know how to do it, does any body knows this please help me. This is needful for me, it's urgent. Thanks in advance.

jkilleda
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Maulesh,

Stacking nexus 5000 series
To enable L3 IP routing and multicast you need to install additional licenses

Stacking is a technology where switch configuration within the same stack is visible through just one switch, catalyst switch uses stack cable to connect it to Nexus switch.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card