cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

StackWise - moving one link to an additional module

dbogdan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of Cat9606 switches.  I'm running stackwise with two links  using ports on module 5 47 and 48 on each switch (4 ports, 2 links)  Because of redundancy I would like to move the link on module 5 port 47 on each switch to module 1 port 48 on each switch.  Is it possible to do this without a service interruption?  My thoughts are to issue the "no stackwise-virtual link 1" on the two port 47 ports, then add this command to the new ports, then of course move the cable.  I opened a TAC case to be safe but was wondering if anyone has done this in the community.

Thoughts?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the stack running on?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post :  

#show stackwise-virtual link 

Agreed technically feasible - doing in maintenance window also advise.

ya, you had opened a TAC case with much-advanced thought in case required any assistance.

Note : make sure all in same speed

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello

Not so sure you can do this on the fly tbh, it been a while since i last did this, but you may have to reload to introduce the new links.

Adding the new interface(s) to the mec would be okay however its applying the stackwise-virtual to the new interface(s) that makes me think you need to reload.

I would scheduled a outage period for this change just in case.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card