cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

STP Query

jatinder.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

i need some help to resolve STP related query.  we have Two Switch in which everything is same like MAC address ( Varitual MAC ), Route ID, interface cost, ( SW 1 interface f0/1 connected to Sw 2 int f0/2 & Sw 1 inter f0/2 connected to Sw2 int f0/1), then which port will be block by STP, pls help.

5 Replies 5

if you have 2 links between the switches, why don't you make it an Ethernet port channel. then they act as one virtual port.

thanks for update, i am just doing that lab environment & i just want to understand what would be happen if everything will be same in both switch. 

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Why?

This is not a normal scenario, even if the setup is exactly as described, the two switches would not have the same MAC address so this would dictate the route bridge and therefore which ports would be Forwarding and Blocking etc.

I have no idea how it would behave as its not something that would happen in the real world. 

this is not real scenario, pls tell me if it will work or which port will block  

I have no idea, unless you were able to change the MAC address on a switch then its unlikely you would be able to find out.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card