Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor 2T Quad Sup ulink forwarding VSS

adamsutton75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am new to the forum and have a question regarding the Supervisor 2T and a VSS setup with 4 supervisors.  We have been trying to get the system working configured with Quad supervisor uplink forwarding, where if my thinking is correct the In Chassis Spares in each chassis should be booted to the point the interfaces are visible and it is in a RPR-Warm stanby state.                  

However we have been unable to get to this point, with the ICS only getting as far as rommon and the interfaces Te1/6/X and Te2/6/X not being visible.  The hardware is new and is running the latest 15 version of IOS (it was one version behind of the 15 but we upgraded in an attempt to get it working)

The odd thing is after checking everything we have found and confirming the hardware is right, we tried entering the command

no switch virtual in-chassis standby bootup mismatch-check and the command was not even recognised.

Any help/advice welcome

Many thanks
Adam
2 Replies 2

adamsutton75
Level 1
Level 1

After much investigation I stumbled on this thread which suggested it is not yet supported on 2T's

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2163781

This has been frustrating, as it was sold to us on the pretence that it was supported for deplyment in this configuration with current software.

Adam,

VSS with quad Sup is not supported yet.  It was supposed to be supported last year and it did not happened.  I ask about it at this year's Networker's in San Diego.  I was told by the end of this year or early next year.  It will be in IOS 15, which is already out but not sure what revision.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card