Replies

Switch 3650 stackport

dinnerrodriguez
Level 1
Level 1
Cisco 3650 Stackport1

Hello everyone:

I have a question:

I have some switches 3650 that are reporting there stackports #1 as down in our monitoring system , but they are not stack switches, how can I get those interfaces not reporting that info via snmp or get those interface as administratively down ? , is it possible ? or some can recommend me something.

Thanks

DRM

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

As far as I know, there is no command to admin down the stacking ports.  You may want to talk to your management software vendor to ignore these messages. Also, this could be a cosmetic bug in Cisco IOS.

Usually, an upgrade will remedy the issue.

HTH

View solution in original post

Hi,

Most of the time this type of issue is because there is a bug in the software and an upgrade will fix it, but before you upgrade, I recommend you open a ticket with Cisco and also the software vendor to confirm that. The management software vendor usually can tell you if there is away the software can ignore and not report it but like I said most of the time is the Cisco side.

HTH

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

As far as I know, there is no command to admin down the stacking ports.  You may want to talk to your management software vendor to ignore these messages. Also, this could be a cosmetic bug in Cisco IOS.

Usually, an upgrade will remedy the issue.

HTH

Hi Reza,

thanks for your answer, you mean with an upgrade switches won't report this stacking ports as down anymore ?

Thanks

DRM

Hi,

Most of the time this type of issue is because there is a bug in the software and an upgrade will fix it, but before you upgrade, I recommend you open a ticket with Cisco and also the software vendor to confirm that. The management software vendor usually can tell you if there is away the software can ignore and not report it but like I said most of the time is the Cisco side.

HTH

Thanks Reza,

I already open a case, I will wait for a response.

Thanks

DRM

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We have seen the kind of issue with Solarwinds, but they have fixed 11.X onwards, or tweak the monitoring system.

BB

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for replying Balaji,

I am seeing there is not too much to do.

Thanks

DRM

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card